Babies Make 4!

The Tale of the Two Ream Babies!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

33 WEEKS!


Wow, time is really flying. I am at 33 weeks now and ready to quit getting swollen ankles. I am getting a non-stress test every Tues and Friday now. A non-stress test monitors the babies heart rate and movement. It lets the doctors know that I will not go into labor for 4 more days. Going to the doctor/hospital is not very fun. Sometimes they take FOREVER just to admit me.

After going to the hospital today, I went straight over to the OB's office for my ultrasound. They took measurements of the babies. They said they are running out of room in there. James' legs were up and under my ribs. Shane was way down low, like he is ready and tired of being crowded in there. How can anyone have more than two babies in their belly!! I don't know how it could even be possible.

One baby is 3 lbs 15 oz. and the other is 4 lbs 2 oz. So they are about 4 oz apart which is great!
This last weeked I had 2 more baby showers! We feel so blessed and so loved. I don't think we will have to buy anything. This week we need to go purchase the nursery and get a few big things with our gift certificates.

These babies can come as early as 36-38 weeks. That could make us full fledged parents in 3-5 weeks!!! Amazing!! The doctor said that the babies should hit the 5 lb mark in about 2 weeks. A safe weight for twins is between 5 and 6 pounds. So it looks like they are sitting pretty.

How your baby's growing: This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and measures 17.2 inches from the top of his head to his heels. His skin is becoming less red and wrinkled, and while most of his bones are hardening, his skull is quite pliable and not completely joined. This will help him ease out of your relatively narrow birth canal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home