Babies Make 4!

The Tale of the Two Ream Babies!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

18 Weeks Today


I am really starting to show now. I can't hide it anymore, not that I was. My belly looks so funny, I guess because I am not used to it sticking out so far. It is really neat to know you have life inside you.

Antoniette, where are you when I need you! Hair...

Starting to feel them move this week. The first time I felt them move, it felt like someone poked me from the inside out. Now it feels like a baby who is stuck in a tiny area trying to move around. I feel it now and then, but not too much. I can't believe they are 5 1/2 inches each now and that is only head to rump. My stomach is really tight now and I can't imagine how much more it can stretch.

This week I started sleeping with my pillow between my legs. That feels better and you move around less. It is starting to feel more comfortable sleeping on my sides now too. Getting used to it. Currently, I am working on a faux paint job and it is wearing me out. I am not doing too much, it is just draining! I am almost done thought, two more days to go.

That is it for now...

How your baby's growing: Head to bottom, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a large sweet potato) and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll likely start noticing more and more. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin and her ears are now in position and stand out from her head. Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and Fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If your baby is a boy, his genitals are noticeable, though he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

2 Comments:

Blogger Antoniette said...

Did you write down the day you first felt them kick? There is some wives tale about how the "date' of the first kick is the same "day" they will arrive - like if you first felt the kick on the 4th, they will arrive on the 4th. Don't you wish you knew who it was who kicked you first??? That would be so cool ...

3:59 PM  
Blogger Jena Ream said...

No, I didn't but I can figure it out wit ha calendar.I think it was toward the last few days of Feb. So I guess that means I will be a month early or 4 days late. haha

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home